File: uv unwrapping.jpg (87 KB, 640x400)
Anonymous No.1027767
The very concept of UV unwrapping disgusts me. You're telling me, that the topology I meticulously worked on, now has to be split and splayed out on a 2D plane, where it only kinda-sorta retains its scaling?
Now I'm looking at a flayed human body, and I have to somehow paint its warped shape in a way that avoids unsightly seams, and screen space edges.
Then, if I realize I need to change the model's topology or the position of the UVs, then it becomes unaligned. So basically, the mesh has to be set in stone before I even begin working on UVs.
Why has nobody come up with a better solution already? No 3D texture space? No way to color vertices on a conceptually higher density than the actual mesh? That would probably be easiest. Just treat it like subdivision, but don't actually subdivide the mesh. Only increase the amount of imaginary points one is capable of coloring.
The thing that really annoys me, is that UV unwrapping seems to be the best that we have.
- NFT
- #1574
- Status
- AVAILABLE
- Random mint
- $2.00 in SOL
- Replies
- 45 / 6 images
- [View Thread] [Mint Random]
