File: Captura de pantalla 2026-08-10 131011.png (364 KB, 514x893)
how do you deal with injuries? Anonymous No.267760
Hey fellas, so yeah
I’m 32, I’ve been training MMA for almost 3 years, usually 5 days a week, and it’s become a pretty central part of my life. I’m supposed to compete for the first time in November.
A week ago I injured my foot during sparring. It’s the first serious injury I’ve had, and an X-ray showed a small fracture in my 3rd metatarsal. Luckily it seems stable, and the pain is getting better every day. I can walk for 10-15 minutes, but I’m still sidelined for a few weeks.
What makes it especially frustrating is that I feel like I had finally reached a point where I was becoming one of the more competitive and technical guys at my gym. I started out pretty terrible, so seeing that progress over almost 3 years has meant a lot to me I’m not just worried about losing my fitness, but also losing some of that momentum and technique I worked so hard to build.
I’m going to use the downtime to focus on my career in video production, but I’m struggling more mentally with being unable to train than I expected.
For those of you who’ve had to take time off MMA/BJJ/boxing because of an injury, how did you deal with it mentally, and what did you do to maintain your conditioning and skills without making the injury worse?
I can't deny a part of me just says "fuck it just wait another week and train like this" but I’m trying not to turn a few weeks off into a much longer injury because I got impatient.
- NFT
- #1217
- Status
- AVAILABLE
- Random mint
- $2.00 in SOL
- Replies
- 16 / 3 images
- [View Thread] [Mint Random]
