File: 1000076744.jpg (357 KB, 1376x768)
Anonymous No.17064880
So recently these past few weeks I've been diving down the NDE rabbithole, reading numerous books and research articles. I haven't met or interviewed any NDErs myself but I'd love to so, and do some research on my own on this stuff.
But here's the thing. I went to 2 of my professors about it. At first they were cordial and polite and professional and nice and helpful and accommodating and all of those good things. But as the discussions went deeper and I shared that I think these experiences provide good evidence for the soul, for the brain and consciousness not being the same thing etc...
Jeebuz H. Fucking Christ.
It was uncanny how they both got really defensive and angry. "Nobody takes this seriously!", "There's no evidence for this! Have I read it? No but there isn't or I'd already heard about it.", "You will waste your career on nothing", etc.
What the actual hell? Shouldn't scientists be wayyyyyy more open-minded and curious? Online too I see a lot of sciency folk talk shit about it without even knowing much about it. Dismissing it seems more important than learning about it to them. What are these people so fucking afraid of???? Has anyone else noticed this weird reaction to NDEs among academics?
- NFT
- #1972
- Status
- AVAILABLE
- Random mint
- $2.00 in SOL
- Replies
- 49 / 11 images
- [View Thread] [Mint Random]
