File: morocco_political_map.png (86 KB, 800x761)
Morocco in August Anonymous No.2906810
Next year I want to go to Tangier to see the eclipse, which happens August 2nd. I'll have two more weeks of vacation after that, and I started playing with the idea of exploring the country properly. I am concerned about the temperature though, and would like to hear from people who have visited in August if they found it too hot. Looking at temperatures there now, Tangier and other coastal cities are at around 25-30 degrees, while inland cities are significantly warmer. Marrakech has a forecast of a whopping 45 degrees next week, that's 113 Fahrenheit for you yanks. I'm Swedish, so while I yearn for warmer temperatures, I'm obviously not acclimatised to anything much hotter than 30. If I do go, I'd also be interested in climbing Mount Toubkal, Google says I shouldn't even consider it because it's too hot, while also saying it's the peak season with the most climbers... I also read a trip report from a guy that climbed it in August who said that as long as you start early, you walk in the shadow all the way up as the sun is on the other side of the mountain, which helps on the heat. I also want to go down to El Aaiun for the sole purpose of ticking off Western Sahara on my scratch map. Other than that I know surprisingly little about what there is to see and do in this country and would love to hear your tips.
So tl;dr: Is Morocco too hot to comfortably travel around in August? And if I do go, what are the must-visit places you'd recommend?
- NFT
- #1926
- Status
- AVAILABLE
- Random mint
- $2.00 in SOL
- Replies
- 23 / 1 images
- [View Thread] [Mint Random]
